I admire UofL fans. Actually I don’t. They are the biggest group of bandwagon jumpers in the world. I wish I lived in the same fantasy world that they did. I’m going to be honest. I actually think that both IU and UofL will have better basketball teams than UK next year. That’s not counting injuries or off court issues. See, like most UK fans, I am honest. In the past three seasons UK has made three straight Elite 8’s, two Final Fours and of course, won the 2012 National Championship. What is there to complain about?
This is why I love UofL fans. They prove how fake they are daily. They make my job too easy. Let’s take a look over 2011-2012 basketball season.
- 1. UofL is preseason #7. UofL fans trash talk. This is “their year”.
- 2. UofL loses two straight to Georgetown and UK. Pitino sucks and Siva sucks.
- 3. UofL gets hammered by Providence. Pitino should resign.
- 4. UofL finishes 10-8 in Big East play. Pitino should be fired along with the entire coaching staff.
- 5. UofL wins Big East Tournament. See, we told you once we got healthy we could beat anyone.
- 6. UofL makes Final Four. Pitino is better than Coach Calipari.
- 7. UK beats Baylor and “UofL is lucky to be here, UK was expected to be here.”
- 8. UofL is easily beaten by UK. UK cheats, of course.
So what is it? UofL is great, sucks or what? UofL fans, shut up! You were expected to compete for a Final Four. You were preseason #7! Make up your mind. Hell, don’t take my word for it. I can provide Courier-Journal letters you wrote and messages from your own message boards. You win; your team rocks. You lose and they suck. Be a real fan and stand by your team!
I can dig a little deeper. Someone on KSR wrote this. This person is 100% correct –
2003 – UofL is a basketball school
2004 – Basketball school
2005 – Football school
2006 – Football school
2007- Football school
2008 – Basketball school
2009 – Basketball school
2010 – Basketball school
2011 – Soccer school
2012 – Baseball/Softball school
Which sport do you follow? I know – whichever one you’re good at! Maybe next year UofL will be the best Water Polo team! That would be like me pretending to give a shit about UK’s tennis team or Cheerleading squad.